Thursday, December 3, 2009

How to Join ASEANwind

Currently ASEANwind is only a 'virtual organisation' which uses the vast resources of the internet for communication and cooperation in the field of wind engineering.  It is effectively an ad-hoc/informal group of wind engineers in Southeast Asian[1] countries. 

There is currently no formal membership requirements, but it is desireable that interested individuals have done some wind engineering research or practicing wind engineering, have attended courses that are specific to wind engineering, and either a citizen of one of the Southeast Asian countries or a practicing wind engineer currently employed in any of the Southeast Asian countries. 

Current "members" are those who are currently subscribed to the ASEANwind e-group and mailing list.  To be a member, it is suggested that you seek recommendation from one of the current members.  Please refer to the members list to see if you know anyone who is currently a "member."  Otherwise, please contact ASEANwind directly by clicking [this link].

NOTES:

[1] Southeast Asian countries include Brunei, Burma (Myanmar), Cambodia, East Timor, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam.

[2] Please see article on the name "ASEANwind" by clicking [this link].

1 comment:

  1. Dear Colleagues,

    My name is Cung Nguyen, currently working as the Head of Dept. Civil Engineering of the Industrial Uni. Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam. Thanks to Ron Aquino, I am referred to this interesting blog. As a researcher in Wind Engineering, I am interested in join the group. I hope we would have more chances to discuss the research and other things related to the field.

    About me, I earned a PhD from Genoa under the guidance of Prof. Solari. I also did my postdoc with him and later with John Macdonald at Uni. Bristol.

    My dream is, together with you, to build an ASEAN Association for wind Engineering, then we can join the IAWE.

    I hope you would accept my request of joining the group.

    Thank you.

    Cest regards,
    Cung



    ReplyDelete